Recently, I’ve been feeling a bit grumpy about the time of year. But rather than moaning about it (again – I think quite a few of my blog posts have included a little grumble about the weather, and I’ve only done about 4!!), I’ve decided to make a list of things I love about the Winter. It’s mainly for my own benefit so I can remind myself that it’s not all bad….
Note – it definitely won’t include either Christmas songs or snow, as I really do hate both these things!
1. Picking the Christmas tree. This has to be the day I really get into the Christmas spirit. Even though trawling round the abundance of Christmas tree farms in our area can take up pretty much the whole day, it’s so great to find the perfect tree. And take it home and decorate it.
2. Christmas Eve. So much better than New Year’s Eve in my opinion – there is such a good Christmassy atmosphere everywhere! Every Christmas Eve me and my friends head to Moseley, where there are loads of pubs and bars that stay open late so we can celebrate the arrival of Christmas Day together. Plus, you get to have the most amazing hungover lunch the next day!
3. Staying in! Nights in in front of the TV, on the sofa with your duvet and a glass of wine.
4. Giving presents to people – your family/boyfriend/friends/whoever. I’ll admit that this is a pretty standard, uninventive thing that nearly everyone says they love about Christmas, but I like it anyway.
5. You get to wear jumpers ALL the time. I love jumpers, they’re so comfy and easy just to throw on in the morning. Plus they cover your post-Christmas dinner tummy! Result.
6. Even better, animals wear jumpers in the winter! Cute!!!
7. Seeing all your family – I get to see my grandparents. Both my sets of grandparents live too far away from me to visit regularly, and Christmas time is one of the only times of year I’m guaranteed to see them.
8. An excuse to cuddle your horse – Giving your horse a massive cuddle in his stable when your hands are freezing is the best – he’s always warm. I am a horsey person after all!!
So those are the things I love about the winter. I’d love to know what other people love too. xx